September 23, 2016

Turning Pages Co Improvements and Goals

So it's been a while, obviously, since I've written on here. There's many reasons for that, the fattest reason being the accounting internship I took part in over the last four months...

...this internship sucked the soul out of me, made me want to reconsider what I was doing with my life, and overall was just a roller coaster of stress and anxiety.

I don't want my first post back to be an update nor a recollection of what I spent my ENTIRE summer doing...or not doing. I will get into all of that in a blog post very soon.

Turning Pages Co:

Turning Pages Co has been picking up speed over the last couple of months in many aspects. While some other aspects have been lacking.




Turning Pages Co was never meant to be on Etsy alone, and still isn't. I have various social media platforms that I'm on, including right here, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. I'm continuously working towards becoming more consistent when it comes to social media, just because of the huge benefits it holds.

With over a year having gone by, Turning Pages Co on Etsy, has gone through many different phases. Initially I was planning on designing my own stickers for planners, cutting those out and selling them. But as time went by, I realized I was selling something that I myself wasn't utilizing nor endorsing. Every time I sat down to design a new sheet of stickers, I wasn't excited or in love with whatever I came up with. As time went on, I started leaning more towards paper clips and bookmarks, where I've found so much joy and use, and truly feel at home when creating new merchandise.


I'm always looking for new ways to improve my shop, as well as keep customers interested.

Upcoming Changes:

Working with someone to further extend Turning Pages Co bookmarks and start selling them to a different customer base on a different platform. I was contacted by someone who was really interested in my product and was looking to share it with their customers. Things aren't anywhere near concrete, but having someone that interested in Turning Pages Co is absolutely amazing and I am beyond grateful.

Laminating bookmarks not only to ensure they don't bend in the mail, but also last longer in general. The downfall to this is having to mark up my prices, not by much, but I probably won't be able to provide bookmark sets for $1.00 or $1.50 anymore. However the benefits will outshine the cost increase. These benefits include that the product will last longer, won't be bent when it arrives, won't tear when you pull it out of your planner or book, and you could even write on it with a dry erase marker if you wanted to.

Starting to work with Adobe Illustrator to design my own patterns and images for my bookmarks. This again might raise prices just a tad bit, due to the use of ink. Again not a significant amount. But this will allow for designs to be unique, and even customized if customers are looking for a very specific color or design. I'm just learning how to work Adobe Illustrator so this change might not be until a little while into the future.

Your Thoughts:

As some of you may know, Etsy allows customers to rate your shop and your products. A few concerns mentioned in my reviews stated that one of their bookmarks came in a bit bent, which is why I've considered laminating them.

I love hearing this kind of feedback from customers as well as you guys. I'm always looking to improve, so please comment down below if your thoughts on these changes and even ideas for further improvements.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!