March 18, 2013

It's Monday, What Am I Reading?

Welcome to Turning Pages!

Surprisingly, with all the school things I've been having to worry about and take care of, I've been doing a lot or reading, finishing at least two books a week, if not three. Keeping up with reviews, on the other hand, are a whole different story!

This week, am I not only reading Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter, but I'm also listening to Crash by Lisa McMann on audio!

Alice in Zombieland (The White Rabbit Chronicles, #1)Title: Alice in Zombieland.
Author: Gena Showalter.
Summary:

"She won’t rest until she’s sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever. Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that’s all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone. Her father was right. The monsters are real…. To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn’t careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies…."

My Thoughts So Far:

Being about halfway through the story, I'm really enjoying it so far; not only am I getting my need for romance satisfied, but also my interest for gruesome zombies. I'm also really starting to like the main character Ali, and Cole the bad boy she's crushing on. I can't wait to see what's really going on, and how things are going to end!

Crash (Visions, #1)Title: Crash.
Author: Lisa McMann.
Summary:

"Jules lives with her family above their restaurant, which means she smells like pizza most of the time and drives their double-meatball-shaped food truck to school. It’s not a recipe for popularity, but she can handle that. What she can’t handle is the recurring vision that haunts her. Over and over, Jules sees a careening truck hit a building and explode...and nine body bags in the snow. The vision is everywhere—on billboards, television screens, windows—and she’s the only one who sees it. And the more she sees it, the more she sees. The vision is giving her clues, and soon Jules knows what she has to do. Because now she can see the face in one of the body bags, and it’s someone she knows. Someone she has been in love with for as long as she can remember."

My Thoughts So Far:

I'm pretty far into this one as well, and currently in a really intense scene, where Jules's is experiencing what shes been seeing and envisioning in her head for the past few days. Crash follows the story of girl named Jules who works for her family's pizza business, and has been crushing on a boy...who is not only the son of a opposing pizza business, but also a part of their family rivalry. I'm excited to find out if the vision came true, or if Jules had enough to change and save the boy she loves!

Thank you for stopping by, and please be sure to leave a comment with the books you're currently enjoying! I would love some new reading suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!