June 09, 2016

Last Day of Finals Week, Summer Internship & Planner Update

I am officially a survivor of not only this week of finals, but also this year of school. If you're a student, you know just how relieving it is to turn in your last exam, and strut your little self out of there; not even considering the fact that you'll be back there in, what will seem like no time.

So with that said....

"I'm a surviva', I'm not gon' give up, I'm not gon' stop, I'm gon' harda!"

Singing those lyrics is actually a lot easier said sang than done, unless you are Beyonce.

With many projects, papers, assignments, midterms and finals under my belt for this school year, I'm VERY excited to say, that I'm done. No more studying late into the night (which is what I did these last two nights), no more projects, no more note taking, and no more anxiety of passing!

Image result for finishing finals week

With this school year over, I'm only two quarters shy of completing my Bachelors degree in Accounting, meaning I would be finished at the beginning of March 2017. But the university I attend offers a Masters of Accounting program, which starts at the end of March 2017...meaning I would be "finished" until March of 2018.

...I'm sure not much of that made sense, but you get the gist of things.

"Now that school is finished, what do I plan on doing with all my free time?"

I won't actually be having too much "free time". This summer I have a full time internship at a Pacific Northwest business, so I'll be working forty hours Monday through Friday. Also I'm studying to take the GMAT exam (to get into the Masters Program) by the end of the summer, so I'll be fighting my way through some of the practice books.

I will still have a lot (at least more than usual) of free time. But I want to continue pursuing Turning Pages Co, and putting all my effort and free time towards this blog, and my shop.

Besides that, I also want to read. It feels like forever since I've had the opportunity to sit down and enjoy a good book. I am still reviewing books here on Turning Pages Co, and posting various bookish things, which is another thing I'm really looking forward to.

Any time left is going to be spent with friends and family.

"So why THREE planners?"

I recently posted something called "Craft & Planner Haul" where I showed you some goodies I had picked up, including three planners.

I wanted to quickly clarify the reasoning behind the mass purchasing of planners.

The first is that I attend school, I have an internship, and I'm also blogging and working on Turning Pages Co through Etsy...keeping all of that in a single planner is pretty hard to do, especially if you like putting detailed information into your planner, like I do.

Second, I wasn't initially sure what planner system I wanted to go with; there are just so many to choose from!

And finally third, I want to start producing stickers, monthly kits, and other products that are customized to each individual planner. Without the physical planner in front of me, it would be impossible to measure the various sizes of boxes, and match colors perfectly.

Now that that's cleared up, and final week is over, I'm excited to go full force ahead in both my internship as well as Turning Pages Co.

Thank you so much for stopping by today, and taking your time to read Turning Pages Co!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!